Monday 4 May 2020

life lessons

Somedays are great. And then there are other days. 
Those days, when things don’t go as planned, when I get that sinking feeling in my stomach, when I just want to curl up in my bed, and lastly when my motivation levels are at rock bottom. I lay on my bed and stare into an oblivion wishing I was a unicorn and that’s the moment I am reminded of that wall at LV Prasad, a grim reminder of realities of life, and how I glorify my first world problems. 
Looking beyond and above my narcissistic self, I have decided to write things I am grateful/thankful for, so that I never take things for granted and start appreciating how valuable and important these things really are.

Today, I am grateful for 
My amazing family, without whom nothing makes sense
My incredible friends who put up with all my idiosyncrasies 
For not having to worry about roof over head and food on my plate 
The privelege of being alive to embrace another day 
Freedom that I took for granted 
Abundances I have
Second chances
My staff, the unsung heroes/heroines of my life

And finally my perfectly imperfect life, where I get to wake up to my  lovely family, who never cease to support and love me unconditionally, Where I experience the magnanimity of a sunrise, sunset or a starlight, with access to not so crisp air, clean water, fresh food and other abundance’s. 
It has taken close to 4 decades and a pandemic for me to revel in this simple fact that the secret to having it all is knowing you already do. 
#gratitude #lifeasweknowit #thankfulthursdays #morningthoughts #blessedlife

No comments:

Post a Comment